COMPUTER TRAINING EXEMPTION
8.8.1 COMPUTER TRAINING COURSE FOR INTERMEDIATE STUDENTS - 100 HOURS
- The objective of the Computer Training at Intermediate Course is to develop the skill of operation of some essential application software commonly used in Management Accounting fields.
- A student appearing for both groups or for remaining group of Intermediate Examination has to undergo Computer Training at Regional Council/Chapter/ Recognized Oral Coaching Centre/Computer Training Centre duly recognized by the Institute. Student should have completed the Computer Training before filling up the Examination application form.
- It will be mandatory from December 2015 term of Examination for all Students to appear on-line and qualify in the Computer Examination, to be eligible for appearing in Intermediate Examinations of the Institute.
- A student having passed Bachelor of Engineering, Pursuing Engineering Course (having completed 2nd year/Semester IV /equivalent) or Post Graduation in Computer Science or Computer Application, MBA (Systems) or PGDCA, MCA from Indian Institute of Management or a recognized University or an Institute recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or Department of Information Technology [formerly Department of Electronics (DOE)], Government of India, ‘A’ level Certificate Course of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (formerly DOEACC) may be exempted from Compulsory Computer Training.
8.8.2 PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMING EXEMPTION FROM UNDERGOING COMPUTER TRAINING
Students getting registered for Intermediate Course of the Institute under Syllabus 2012.
- Students may apply online for exemption (at least 60 days prior to the start of the Examination) to the Directorate of Studies at Headquarters, Kolkata with proof of qualification (http://icmai.in/studentswebsite/vas.php)
- If the applicant is found eligible to be exempted from undergoing Computer Training, an exemption letter will be issued and subsequently appropriate amount would be refunded to the applicant.
8.8.3 Reciprocal exemption from COMPUTER TRAINING
- Reciprocal exemption is offered for Students/Members of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and Students/Members of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI), who are registered with either ICSI prior to 8th September, 2014, subject to production of evidence of completion of Computer Training in the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
[ Reference : Prospectus , Seventh Edition]