THE DIRECTORATE OF ADVANCED STUDIES
The Directorate of Advanced Studies has been constituted by the Institute in order to provide advanced knowledge and specialized training on various areas of Cost & Management Accountancy, including finance and other allied subjects.
The Directorate shall design, develop and deliver advanced courses that are of interest to Management Accountants and other professionals. It will also take up research in the area of Management Accounting and allied field of study.
Advanced courses will be designed for up-gradation of existing knowledge and skills and for acquiring new knowledge and skills. The courses shall aim to prepare practicing members and professionals to take up new areas of practice and consultancy and for members/professionals in industry to shoulder higher responsibilities.
- The scope and level of the advanced studies courses will be distinctively much beyond the scope and level of the courses being offered under Continuing Education Programmes of the Institute.
- The Directorate shall offer advanced studies courses in the areas of interest to the Management Accountants and other professionals and shall offer courses at the Proficiency level.
- The Directorate shall focus on contemporary application oriented courses and research, which will contribute and benefit the profession of management accountancy and allied field of study.
- The Directorate shall identify the areas for theoretical researches which can be taken up further as research study followed by research publications.
- The Directorate will offer diploma/certificate/post-qualification courses. The certification shall be based on written/online test followed by viva-voce on the project.
- The Directorate shall build capabilities in the areas other than the conventional areas in which the members of the Institute and other professionals operate.
- The Directorate shall conduct Conference/Seminar/MDP/FDP programmes in various areas of Business Accounting, Finance, Law, Taxation, Economics and allied fields.
- Entering into MOUs and Agreements with Institutes of National and International importance for fostering joint advanced academic/professional programmes and collaborative research in emerging areas.